The foundation is your home’s first defense against the threats of the outside world. Having a strong, stable foundation provides your home with both safety and security. Over time, your foundation can become damaged due to weather, shifting earth or just normal wear and tear. An issue with the foundation can quickly turn into a long list of problems throughout your home. To prevent this, it is crucial that you know the signs that indicate you are in need of foundation repairs in Crivitz, WI.
To help you make the best decision, contact a professional foundation contractor as soon as you notice any of the following:
- Cracks in the floor: Broken or cracked tile is a major red flag that something wrong is occurring beneath your flooring. Loose or hollow-sounding tile could mean that the foundation underneath has begun to dip downward. This results in an uneven surface for your home. If this is the case, you need to bring in a professional immediately, as leaving these problems unattended could result in some extreme damage to your home.
- Home isn’t level: Do the floorboards seem to be sloping download lately? Don’t write that off as your eyes just playing tricks on you, because it could indicate an issue with your foundation.
- Doors and windows stick: Sticking doors and windows can be a nuisance, but they could also be a sign of a failing foundation. This phenomenon occurs as your foundation starts to settle, in combination with the weight of gravity pushing on the doors and windows.
- Wrinkling wallpaper: Wrinkling wallpaper might mean more than that it’s time to upgrade your décor. The wallpaper can begin to show damage as the walls and floors in your home shift. Wrinkling, folding and ripping wallpaper are all warning signs of an intense foundational problem.
- Cracked concrete: Watch out for any cracks in the exposed concrete at the base of your home. Smaller cracks could signal a non-structural problem that can easily be repaired. Alternatively, deep cracks should cause concern, as they are common warning signs of serious structural issues. Either way, it’s best to let a professional foundation repair specialist make the call.
- Gaps between the windows and walls: As a homeowner, you likely know that any kind of gap in your home is a bad thing, because these openings leave you exposed. The same goes for gaps between the window frame and the wall. Not only is this a sign of foundation issues, but your monthly electric bill is probably also taking a hit as the regulated air seeps out of your home.
Don’t wait until it’s too late! Contact a professional foundation specialist immediately if you notice any of these warning signs in your home. An expert will be able to identify any problems before restoring your home’s foundation to its optimal strength. For more information about foundation repairs in Crivitz, WI or any other residential concrete services, call the team at Kwiatkowski Construction Co., Inc. today.
Categorised in: Foundation Repairs
This post was written by Writer