How to Tell if You Need Foundation Repairs in Marinette County, WIApril 12, 2019 10:06 pm Leave your thoughts
Your home’s foundation serves an essential purpose when it comes to the stability, longevity and structural integrity of your home. Issues with your home’s foundation can cause major problems that require extensive repairs, so it’s important to catch issues with your foundation before they get worse. Understanding some of the signs that you need foundation repairs in Marinette County, WI can help you identify issues so that you can handle them before they get worse:
- Gaps in caulking and molding: If you’ve noticed that there are some gaps in the caulking and molding in your home, it’s a sign that your foundation is shifting. If your foundation is cracked or beginning to sink, it can cause your caulking and molding to pull away from your walls, doors and windows and create visible gapping.
- Issues with windows and doors: When windows and doors don’t open or close the way they usually do or they start to stick in frames, you should consider the possibility that there might be something wrong with your foundation. This often happens when your foundation starts settling and affects the positioning of your window and door frames.
- Sinking or warped floors: Floor sloping and warping is a clear indication of foundation damage, but it tends to happen gradually over time, making it difficult to detect. You should be observant of your floors and make sure you pay attention to even minor signs of sinking, sloping or warping.
- Patio spacing: If you have an attached deck or patio, you can usually observe signs of foundation damage by checking for gaps. If your concrete or wooden deck or patio is beginning to pull away from your home, it indicates that your foundation is shifting and settling.
- Bowing basement walls: In the event that your foundation is damaged by soil expansion, it’s likely that you will see some bowing of your basement walls. By the time you see signs of basement wall bowing, your foundation has probably already been significantly weakened, so it’s important to contact a contractor for foundation repairs in Marinette County, WI right away.
- Wallpaper tearing and wrinkling: When you have foundation problems, you will probably notice shifts in your walls. As your walls shift, it can cause your wallpaper to wrinkle or develop creases. You might also notice cracking in your paint or gapping in tiles and backsplash. Any of these things can indicate that your foundation is sinking or settling and shifting the positioning of your walls.
Get foundation repairs in Marinette County, WI
If you’re concerned about the condition of your foundation and you need foundation repairs in Marinette County, WI, reach out to the team at Kwiatkowski Construction Co., Inc. We are a family owned business specializing in a wide range of commercial and residential concrete services. For decades, we have been proud to provide quality services that our customers can depend on. No matter what your specific needs may be, our team is here to help. Give us a call for a consultation and service quote.
Categorised in: Foundation Repairs
This post was written by Writer