When it comes time to hire a concrete contractor in Wisconsin, maybe you think it’s not all that important to be selective. Maybe you’ve seen an ad around town or you think you remember a friend saying one company did a good job. You don’t put much thought into it and hire whoever happens to be around.
Unfortunately, this decision could come back to haunt you. Not every contractor is honest and transparent about pricing. You could end up owing more than the original estimate. Delays are another problem with less-reputable contractors who don’t get the work done on time. You may even find yourself dealing with building code violations.
This is why it’s crucial to pick a high-quality concrete contractor who’s going to do the work right. Let’s take a look at what you should be seeking when hiring a contractor:
- Reputation: One of the best ways to find out more about contractors is to read online reviews. Have most people had a good experience with this contractor? Were they fair and honest? Is their work standing the test of time? You can talk with colleagues and friends about who they’ve used in the past as well. Giving yourself the time to do this research will make a big difference in the long run.
- Experience: Someone who’s new to the business might not be the best choice for your project. This is specialized work and it takes time and training to gain expertise. Experienced contractors will offer better insight and be able to communicate with you about what they’re planning to do.
- Insurance: If the concrete contractor isn’t properly insured, you run a huge risk. You could end up being held liable for any injuries or damage to your property. Talk to the contractor and make sure that they have a solid insurance policy before you sign anything.
- Price: Compare pricing through different contractors to see what the market rate is. This can also give you a tool for negotiating. Note that with work like this, picking the lowest-priced option might not be the smartest idea.
- Recent work: If the contractor has photos and testimonials about recent work, then you know the team they’ve brought on is capable of getting the job done. Ask to see a portfolio of recent jobs and talk with the contractor about how they approached each one.
If you need to hire concrete contractors in Wisconsin, then you’ve come to the right place. For more than four decades, Kwiatkowski Construction Co., Inc. has been a family-owned business serving customers in the community. Our extensive experience in the concrete contracting industry means you can rest easy knowing we’ll do the job right the first time. We are also a fully insured and licensed concrete contractor.
Our team provides friendly and professional service that our loyal customer base loves and appreciates. Kwiatkowski Construction Co., Inc. will provide free estimates on site, or over the phone. Contact us today to learn more and to receive a quote.
Categorised in: Concrete Contractors
This post was written by Writer