Unless you’re in the hardscaping industry or you’re actively searching for someone to hardscape your property, you probably haven’t given much thought to retaining walls in the past. That’s understandable—retaining walls in Marinette County, WI aren’t exactly the most frequent topic of conversation. That being said, retaining walls are incredibly important for yards across the country, and installing one on your property could be really beneficial to you and your land. Continue reading to learn a few of the benefits retaining walls provide:
- Prevent erosion: One of the top reasons to install a retaining wall is to prevent erosion on your property. Over time, wind and rain move the soil on your property and cause major changes to the look of your land. One way to prevent this from happening is to plant trees and shrubs. The other way to guard against erosion is to call us to install a retaining wall. A retaining wall will hold up your soil to ensure that wind and rainwater don’t move any of your ground.
- Flood control: Similar to the point above, a retaining wall can do wonders to prevent floods on your property. During installation, professionals can incorporate channels and piping into the wall to divert excess water to ensure it doesn’t end up pooling at the bottom of the retaining wall. You could save yourself hundreds or even thousands of dollars on fixing flood damage by installing a retaining wall today.
- Structural support: Does your property have a lot of small hills? If so, you could probably use a few retaining walls to hold that soil in place. A retaining wall will hold up your ground to ensure it doesn’t slide forward in a heavy rainstorm. Much like it helps to prevent flooding, a retaining wall could provide the support necessary to prevent something serious like a mudslide. Call today to learn more about how much structural support a single retaining wall can offer.
- Add functional space: Properties with a lot of small, rolling hills look really beautiful. Unfortunately, those hills can also reduce the functionality of your yard. Where are you supposed to set up lawn furniture if the land is hilly all over the place? This is where retaining walls can help. A retaining wall can create a small terrace, which you can use to plant a garden, or to place some outdoor furniture to enjoy your lawn in the summer. Our contractors can give you tons of ideas on how to effectively utilize your lawn once you’ve installed a retaining wall.
- Aesthetic appeal: Depending on the types of materials and designs used for your retaining wall, it can add a ton of beauty to your yard. Concrete retaining walls contrast with your green grass and vibrant flowers to create a unique look for your lawn. Let our specialists help you plan out the look of your retaining wall to create the best-looking lawn on the block!
If your land is in danger of eroding, or if you’d like to give your property a facelift, be sure to call Kwiatkowski Construction Co., Inc. today to start installing retaining walls in Marinette County, WI. Our professionals have over 40 years of experience in the industry, and we guarantee we charge some of the most competitive rates in town for our services. Call today for a free estimate!
Categorised in: Retaining Walls
This post was written by Writer