You likely have a ton of options when it’s time to choose a concrete contractor to perform work at your house or business. On one hand, that’s a good thing—who doesn’t like to have options? However, on the other hand, more potential concrete contractors means more opportunities to choose the wrong company that could screw up the job or overcharge you for their services. Keep reading to learn a few tips on choosing the right team for the job the next time you need foundation repairs in Marinette County, WI:
- Ask for recommendations: Assuming that your friends or family members have had concrete work performed at their house in the past, you should ask them for recommendations. Which contractor did they use? What was their experience like? Would they hire the same company again? Your friends won’t lead you astray and set you up with a shoddy contractor. Listen to their advice, and you should be in the clear.
- Look up reviews online: Maybe you don’t know anyone who’s had concrete work done for them, or your friends couldn’t recommend a quality contractor. That’s okay—all isn’t lost! At this point, you can turn to the internet for help. Tons of websites out there aggregate reviews on contractors from former clients. Obviously, you should always pick the contractor with the most positive reviews, and avoid the one-star contractors like the plague.
- Get multiple estimates: So, you’ve found a contractor with some good reviews—that’s great, but don’t agree to work with them just yet! Getting multiple estimates before signing any paperwork is a must. Getting a couple of different quotes ensures that you’re getting the best deal for the project. On top of that, if you get one quote that’s far lower than the rest, that could be the sign of a shoddy contractor who’s willing to cut corners just to get the job.
- Check references: Just like any contractor, a concrete contractor should be able to provide you with the names and numbers of a couple of former clients. Make sure you call these references before you agree to work with the contractor. They will be able to offer valuable insight into aspects of the contractor’s approach to doing business and can answer any questions you might have.
- Never pay upfront: Last but not least, never pay for the work until the project is complete. Less-than-reputable contractors could try to collect their money upfront and then, poof! They’re gone forever. Double check your paperwork to make sure this contractor doesn’t expect to be paid until the concrete is dry and the job is done.
Don’t look any further for a concrete contractor than Kwiatkowski Construction Co., Inc. We have over 40 years of experience in all aspects of the concrete industry. Whether you need to install a new driveway or foundation repairs in Marinette County, WI, we’re the team for the job. Give us a call today for a free estimate or to learn more about our services!
Categorised in: Foundation Repairs
This post was written by Writer