Is it time to update the flooring in your home? Chances are you have considered all the traditional flooring options: carpet, wood, vinyl, tile, etc. But are those the only options for home flooring? Nope!
As residential concrete contractors in Crivitz, WI, we have noticed that residential concrete floors are becoming more and more popular—and for good reason! Concrete may not immediately seem like the right material for your home floor, but once you learn more about it, you might find yourself seriously considering this alternative flooring option.
To that end, here are six reasons to consider concrete floors in your home:
- Low maintenance: Can you mop your floor once a week with soapy water? If so, then you have got your concrete flooring maintenance covered. Unlike carpet and wood, both of which need regular professional maintenance, and vinyl and tile, which can become easily worn and chipped over time, concrete is built to last. Imagine the time and money you will save in this area!
- Sleek and sophisticated: Some people are hesitant to try concrete flooring because they worry it just won’t be warm and welcoming enough for a home. But with modern technology, you can stain or stamp your concrete to look however you want it to, and even mimic other flooring options. Plus, it will add a cool modern touch to your space.
- Environmentally friendly: Concrete is a much more sustainable flooring option than wood or carpet, because it does not deplete as many natural resources, or require as many harsh cleaning products. Concrete is also great for keeping the heat sealed in during winter, so you will save on your heating bills!
- Economical: Concrete is by far the most inexpensive flooring option for your home. And with the money you save on the material itself, you can easily afford to spring for a stain on your concrete floor, giving it a cool, stone-like appearance. It will look like you spent a fortune on custom flooring—but in reality, you spent less than you would have on plain old carpet or vinyl.
- Long lasting: Concrete is also among the most long-lasting flooring options out there. In fact, if you invest in polishing and clean it once a week, your concrete can last for up to 100 years! Cracks are not common, although they may appear after a few decades—but if you stain the concrete and continue to treat it well, those cracks can add character, rather than detract from it.
- Versatile: Finally, it is worth mentioning that you can use different stains for different rooms in your house, giving each area its own look and feel, even though the flooring material is the same throughout. The kitchen, living area, bathrooms, bedrooms—give them each their own unique flair!
Now that you are aware of what residential concrete flooring has to offer, it is time to contact your residential concrete contractors in Crivitz, WI. The friendly professionals at Kwiatkowski Construction Co., Inc. are here to assist you in learning more about this great option. Reach out to us today!
Categorised in: Residential Concrete Contractors
This post was written by Writer