If you own a house, it’s up to you to keep up with home improvements, maintenance and repairs. That includes everything from the roofing shingles down to the foundation, all electrical systems and the plumbing. It’s all important, but overlooking or ignoring structural problems, including issues anywhere in your foundation, can put you and your property at risk.
Don’t panic if you find or suspect you need foundation work done. As your house ages, it will settle, and some cracking is bound to happen. But how do you know you’ve hired the right contractor for minor repairs or a complete installation? Below are the qualities you should look for in foundation contractors in Marinette County, WI:
- Loads of experience: Foundation repairs may seem simple from the outside—how hard can sealing up a little crack be? The truth is, repairing a foundation requires certain skills and knowledge. Doing it wrong can compromise your home’s or commercial building’s structural integrity. Look for a contractor with many years of documented experience in the area of foundation work. Find a pro through trusted references for peace of mind.
- Proven track record: Never hire a contractor who does not have a proven track record of providing a list of testimonials from clients and a thick portfolio with stellar examples of similar jobs they’ve done. Make sure to speak to a few references, but also check reviews online and on the company’s website.
- Excellent communication skills: Many homeowners who hire contractors for home improvements and repairs are not all that familiar with industry terminology, and the best contractors are aware of this. As such, you want to work with someone who goes into detail about important points and vital information (cost, timeframe, preparation schedule, what happens with old materials, etc.) while also being able to explain in layman’s terms if necessary. Look for a team that is willing to make time to answer all your questions and address your concerns.
- Knowledgeable in how to approach foundation work: Because your foundation repair needs may differ from your neighbor’s, you need a contractor who comes into the picture with a variety of options for you to choose from. The right contractor for you will have more than a one-size-fits-all approach to ensure your foundation gets the kind of repair it needs.
- Has a backup plan: Like any other home project, your foundation repair or installation project may not go entirely according to plan. Factors like harsh weather conditions or finding other issues at some point in the process of making repairs to your foundation can impact the project completion date. Find out what they might do in this case to finish the job in a timely manner and get a handle on the situation.
- Provides a service warranty: Repairing or installing a foundation is not a low-cost endeavor. It’s an investment in your home, so always opt for the best services. Look in particular for companies that provide warranties on their labor.
Do you need to hire a foundation professional? The team at Kwiatkowski Construction Co., Inc. is made up of the most knowledgeable and qualified foundation contractors in Marinette County, WI. Call us today for more information!
Categorised in: Concrete Foundation Contractor
This post was written by Writer