Decorative Concrete Ideas for 2020November 26, 2019 12:13 am Leave your thoughts
Your concrete doesn’t need to be boring. These days, you can do a lot more with your driveway, walkways, patio or paved slabs. Judicious use of decorative concrete treatments can increase your home’s curb appeal and even the resale value of your home. Whatever your decorative concrete ideas in Crivitz, WI, Kwiatkowski Construction Co., Inc. can help create the home aesthetic of your dreams.
Jump on the 2020 decorative concrete trend with these hot new pavement styles:
- Stain: Staining your concrete is a flexible process that can include layering colors or using stencils to achieve a multi-dimensional look. Depending on the type of stain used, the color can be a thin overlay or a richly layered look.
- Color: Colors can be added to concrete before it is poured (which is called integral color), or layered on top (topical colors). The possibilities are endless—you can opt for a neutral tone or go for something more dramatic. Your concrete contractor can advise you on the best method to achieve the look you want.
- Stamping: Stamping is another great way to set your concrete apart from the other houses on the block. Stamped concrete is done by pressing large stamps into damp concrete, and can make the pavement look like stone, brick or cobblestone. There are also more decorative designs available for a truly unique look. Paired with color or stain options, your pavement will look gorgeous for a fraction of the cost.
- Polish: Polished concrete has become increasingly popular over the last few years for interior floors. Polished concrete cuts down on your maintenance time, and it can be used to give new life to your old floors. You can also opt for polished concrete from the outset.
- Exposed aggregate: You’ve probably seen exposed aggregate concrete, even if the name may seem unfamiliar. This is a method in which the top layer of the concrete is removed so that you can see the variably-sized aggregate underneath, giving it an attractive “natural” look. When combined with integral dye, it can give your home an edgy, modern appearance, while still being just as durable as regular concrete.
When it comes to decorative concrete, you’re really only limited by your own creativity and budget. Concrete is a flexible and versatile material that can add elegance and beauty to your home. Why settle for a gray slab?
After you’ve decided on your decorative concrete ideas in Crivitz, WI, you should make sure that your contractors will also use sealant. This helps guarantee that the results of your decorative concrete project will look great and stand up to the elements and other factors for years to come.
Get more decorative concrete ideas in Crivitz, WI
When you call Kwiatkowski Construction Co., Inc. to pour and pave your residential concrete, you’re going to get nothing short of a high-quality finished product. Our experts have been tackling residential concrete projects of all types for more than 40 years—including pouring decorative concrete for garage pads and concrete patios. Get in touch with us today to learn more!
Categorised in: Decorative Concrete
This post was written by Writer