Do you have a concrete job coming up? Perhaps you’re interested in installing a new driveway, patio or walkway, or you need some work done on a retaining wall or foundation. Whatever your needs, it’s important you do your due diligence to make sure you’re working with a professional you can trust.
Here’s a look at some helpful tips on how to pick a concrete contractor:
- Research: Don’t just go with the first contractor you find in a Google search. Perform some additional research into the contractor and their background. Ask family and friends for referrals to companies they trust. Ask local concrete suppliers which contractors they would recommend. Get as many options as possible before you even consider selecting an option.
- Make sure they’re insured: Never work with a contractor who is uninsured, as this could result in some liability on your part if an accident occurs. If something goes wrong, it is important that the contractor is protected and that you’re not going to be on the hook for repairs and medical bills. Verify the contractor is fully insured in sufficient amounts needed to cover your project and home.
- Work with experienced contractors: Always choose a contractor who is experienced and has a track record of high-quality work. Ideally, you should work with a contractor who has been doing this sort of work for at least five years, as it will indicate they have enough paying customers who are satisfied with their work that you can place your trust in them.
- Look at prices: The costs of the work shouldn’t be the sole determining factor you use when making your decision, but it’s at least good to get a sense of what the average market rate is and where your potential contractors stack up. If a contractor’s prices are suspiciously low or outrageously high, it’s probably best to eliminate them from the search.
- Get references: Ask the contractor if they have anyone who can serve as a reference for their work, and then contact references to get their feedback about their experience in working with the contractor. Ask them questions about the kind of work the contractor did for them, how long the project took, how well the contractor communicated throughout the project, how the work turned out and their opinions about the experience in working with the contractor in general. This information from actual customers can be pivotal in helping you make decisions.
- Go with your gut: Is the contractor a good communicator? Do you get good vibes from them in your communications and in your research? Do they present themselves professionally in person and online? Sometimes your gut instinct can be helpful in determining whether a contractor will be a good fit for you.
When choosing a concrete contractor for your next job, consider our experienced, reliable team at Kwiatkowski Construction Co., Inc. Our team is happy to answer any questions you have about the concrete work we perform. Contact us today.
Categorised in: Residential Concrete Contractors
This post was written by Writer